• Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) announces Hydrogen Vision 2040, to popularize hydrogen by 2040 for ‘Everyone, Everything and Everywhere’ at Hydrogen Wave
• Hydrogen Wave represents the Group’s plans for a new ‘wave’ of hydrogen-based products and technologies toward a hydrogen society
• The Group to introduce next- generation fuel cell system – 100kW and 200kW variations – in 2023 with costs being lowered by more than 50%, total package volume reduced by 30% and power output doubled
• The Group to become the first automaker to apply fuel cell systems to all commercial vehicle models by 2028
• The Group to achieve a fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) price point comparable to a battery electric vehicle (BEV) by 2030
• The Group to apply fuel cell systems to all types of mobility and furthering the technology to all other aspects of society including homes, buildings and powerplants as energy solutions
• Future product concepts featuring fuel cell technologies also revealed, including Trailer Drone, high-performance sports car, and fuel cell equipped vehicles for emergency relief and rescue missions
• Chairman of the Group, Euisun Chung, outlines the journey ahead: “By developing advanced technologies and innovative systems – as well as encouraging close collaboration between public and private sectors across the globe – it is possible to make this sustainable vision a reality for all.”
Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) has set out its vision for hydrogen energy and a global hydrogen society.
At the Hydrogen Wave global online forum held today, the Group presented its plans to popularize hydrogen by 2040 through the introduction of new technologies and mobility solutions in transportation and other industrial sectors.
Further underscoring its pioneering commitment to clean sustainable energy for all types of mobility, the Group unveiled unprecedented plans that will see the electrification of all new commercial vehicle models – featuring fuel cell electric or battery electric powertrains, as well as the application of fuel cell systems – to all models by 2028. The daring strategy will put the Group at the vanguard of the commercial vehicle sector, in the process helping to reshape the industry and realize a sustainable clean future.
Les articles associés